Navratra is a festival of shakti-sadhana. This year's the chaitra Navratri starts on 8th April & ends with Ram Navmi 15th April. It is said that even the mini sadhana performed during Navratri is as useful
as a big Anusthan.
Spiritual sadhana are called Science of Soul. This sadhana may be accomplished by
performing Anushthan of 24000 Gayatri mantra japa or 2400 mantra lekhan (writing
mantras) or reciting Gayatri Chalisa 240 times. Unique divine currents flowing during
the transition period of Navratra can be attracted by the sadhak through specific
austerities (tapa), mantra japa and other methods.
Navratri is a festival that comes twice a year.
Navratri begins on Indian New Year which is called Vikrami Samvat.
Chaitra Navratri concludes on the Lord Rama’s birthday on Rama Navami.
- The second Navratri which is called Ashwin Navaratri.
This year the total navaratri
days are 8, however, Yug Rishi Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya
always suggested to do the Sadhana for complete 9 Days. We believe that
have already resolved to take advantage of this opportunity by
during this auspicious period.
Procedure of Anusthan:
- Take a shower and sit on the clean piece of cloth, facing east.
- Establish the picture of the Deity, just face the deity irrespective of the directions.
- In order to take a pledge in front of Varundev and Agnidev, keep a small pot of water by the diety.
- Light the small lamp or the incense stick.
- Invite Maa Gayatri. Offer Incense, lamps, oblation, flowers, fruit, sandalwood, lawn, betel nut etc. to Mother Gayatri.
- Also Invite Guru and do his puja.
- In this way your soul gets purified and then you can start chanting the mantra.
- Along with chanting 27 Gayatri mantra malas, you should imagine the divine Sunlight entering in your body.
- After chanting, offer the water that was kept to Lord Sun.
Gayatri Mantra and its Meaning:
AUM BHOOR BHUWAH SWAHA, TAT SAVITUR VARENYAM
BHARGO DEVASAYA DHEEMAHI, DHIYO YO NAHA PRACHODAYAT
Oh God! Thou art the Giver of Life, Remover of pain and sorrow, The Bestower of happiness, Oh! Creator of the Universe,
May we receive thy supreme sin-destroying light, May Thou guide our intellect in the right direction
Renunciation of violence, leather shoes, silk, oysters, meat, eggs is advised during Navaratri is important.
During these days of Navaratri, our thoughts and character should be watched carefully. Lying, anger, deceit, harsh word, theft, jealousy, hatred, lust, vengeance and all such undesirable behaviors should be avoided.
On the conclusion of the Navaratri, a brief Gayatri Havan should be performed. 108 Gayatri Mantra Ahutis should be offered in the yagya. After Purnahuti distribute offerings, and invite unmarried girl (Symbolizing Shakti of Maa Gayatri) for a meal. Also one should distribute good literature to others as Gyandaan.